Thursday, December 10, 2009

What We Need


What we need always seems in competition with what we want. I'm starting to think that much of our life's journey is about either balancing the two, or if it is possible, trying to merge our needs into our wants or wants into needs? Does that make sense?

I'm teaching this class on the Magi from Matthew 2. I've been working on it for awhile now, and everytime I work on it, it puts a smile on my face. A smile because I can't seem to get over what Matthew meant for it to say and what it has become in our culture. It just brings to light for me the power of perception and power.

Frankly I want everyone to hear the message the Gospel writer is trying to get across-- I can't get over how powerful it has been for me. At it's most basic level it reminds me that what we want isn't always what we need and that God remains faithful continually showing us our needs.

If you can make it, the classes are at the main campus of Our Saviour's in the Nelson Fellowship Center, Sunday December 13th at 9 and 10:10 am and Tuesday Dec. 15th at 9:30pm. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment