Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Showered and good to go!




I know people like to make fun of the term "showered" when it comes to baby (or wedding) showers. People bring soap on a rope and such and talk about getting all cleaned up. But "showered" is pretty much the way I feel by my church family. I feel showered with blessings, showered with love, showered with generosity so much so that I feel soaked in gratitude for people's support and excitment over the upcoming birth of our baby.

In baptismal prep class I talk about "walking wet" in the world. I get up and make funny "slop slop" sounds as I walk around the room (something I learned on internship) as a way to think about us always soaking wet in our baptismal waters and how that shapes how we walk in the world.

We are a "showered" people with many blessings. One of the most faithful things we can do is live as a grateful people, aware that God has filled us to overflowing and then go out and walk wet in the world sharing that generosity with others. My hope is to shower others!!

No comments:

Post a Comment