Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Leaves you thinking...

This is my last blog for a few weeks while I am on maternity LEAVE. I hope ya'll tune back in come October when I am back, but until then, I wanted to LEAVE you thinking...


I saw the movie "The Hurt Locker" recently. It's about a bomb squad unit in the middle east, that goes out to diffuse bombs to keep people safe. When Brad read me the movie blurb I couldn't say I was that excited (I don't usually jump for war movies) but Brad and I are trying to get in as many movies as possible before the baby comes.

The movie was engrossing. For the whole first hour I thought I was going to have a heart attack, (or at least my water was going to break!) because I was so drawn in by the servicemen--their sacrifice and their humanity.

After the movie I couldn't even hardly talk all the way home. I was moved, I still am. I kept thinking in my head, we have to stop war so people don't have to sacrifice their lives like this. I don't know how to stop war. The beginning of the movie starts with a quote that says "war is a drug." I pray, I write my congressperson, but I don't know how it's going to stop. Greg Mortenson has a great idea in his book "Three Cups of Tea" about education fighting terrorism. I don't want to take my freedoms for granted. I try to make a difference with my life. I wonder as a pastor as a Christian what to do...

I am pregnant with life, I want the world to be too. It all LEAVES me thinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment